11.07.2007

you can buy me on target.com

Strange results were elicited from my yahoo search of my name today..my book, Point Me in the Right Direction, is available at target.com! How this could be I'm not entirely sure. Here is the history of the little thing, as far as I know it: in graduate school my book or rather chapbook, as the little collections are called, was published by a local small press. It went to two printings. That, as they say, was that. But evidently at some point the small press sold their stock to a number of online booksellers, or just one who then sold to others, because when I periodically search for my name on google or yahoo, up pops the book, as one of millions of offerings from incrediblydirtcheapbooks.com or some such organization.

I'm not sure how I feel about this. On the negative side, I'm getting no royalties, for the very sound reason that I never signed a contract, and for the other good reason that there probably aren't any to get. I imagine it isn't flying off the cyber shelves. On the positive side, I'm pleased the book is still having a little life of its own, even a small one, and I'm pleased that even in a minor, somewhat accidental, somewhat removed way, I am a published author of a book that can be purchase on target.com.

I've never aspired to be a product, or the author of one, available at target.com. But I must say that they are quite clever to be featuring the designs of Isaac Mizrahi and the books by yours truly, as Isaac and I are both cutting edge producers of the highest quality artistic products, and our collective glow will no doubt transform the heretofore rather homely profile of target.com.

Ok, I'm over it.

Since I'm collecting no royalties from the sale of my books, I have an idea. You kind reader, should buy one! At target.com, they're only 5 bucks. Then you can read it and send me a review of it, which I will publish, be it sweet or tart, here on the blog. C'mon, it'll be fun. Takers?

1 comment:

strugglingwriter said...

You're on target.com? Very cool. That is something I'm pretty sure I'll never be able to say, so congratulations (even if you aren't getting any royalties)!